FINGER ELEVEN HEADLINES INDIE WEEK 2016
More than 200 artists set to rock stages across Toronto for Indie Week Canada 2016
The Worldwide independent music scene will get loud, as Jack Daniel’s, Mill Street Brewery, and Slaight Music present Indie Week Canada 2016, November 15-20.
Indie Week Canada, is the nation’s best festival celebrating emerging artists from around the world. This year, a carefully curated line-up of exciting new talent from across the globe will rock more than 20 venues throughout Toronto. In addition, Indie Week is excited to welcome Canadian music icons headlining shows throughout the city including Finger Eleven (Thurs Nov 17 at The Mod Club).
“I saw Finger Eleven perform in Ottawa and knew we had to have them in the festival. Their show is high energy and I couldn’t be happier that they are part of Indie Week 2016”
says Darryl Hurs, Indie Week Founder.
Highlights of the festival include:
- The Jack Daniel’s Music House at THE MOD CLUB presented by The Rock 94.9 and Exclaim!
- THURS NOV 17 Finger Eleven with Sumo Cyco, Laugh at the Fakes and Trampa
- FRI NOV 18 Philip Sayce (Warner Music Canada) with The Honeyrunners and The Lad Classic
- THURS NOV 17 (Adelaide Hall) Country Music Showcase featuring some of Ontario’s best emerging talent Brittany Brodie (Toronto), Krista Earle (Toronto), Ben Hudson (Uxbridge), Dani Strong (Toronto), Aleissa Cohle (Toronto), Kansas Stone (Barrie)
- The AXT6 Project featuring artists from Austin Texas
- The Outlaw Roadshow (co-founder is Adam Duritz from The Counting Crows) will be showcasing artists from the US
The festival kicks off with the Indie Week Canada Launch Party on November 15. Last year’s party brought together more than 400 VIPs, bands, film-makers and delegates – this year’s party promises to be the best yet with Presenting Sponsors Jack Daniels and Mill Street Brewery ensuring a memorable night for all.
The awards ceremony recognizing the festival’s most outstanding acts closes Indie Week Canada on November 20. The coveted “Best of the Fest” award will be handed out, with the winner headlining Indie Week Europe in Manchester.
New this year – Indie Beer Fest
Indie Week Canada is launching the first annual Indie Beer Fest – a
celebration of Canada’s best craft breweries and independent beer
makers. Awards for the top brew and people’s choices will be given out
at the November 20 award ceremony.
Back by popular demand
- Indie101 – a conference for industry professionals featuring panels on
digital media, tech, music including demo listening, mentor-ship sessions
- Real Indie Film Fest (RIFF) – This year RiFF moves to The Jackman Hall at the Art Gallery of Ontario and will show an eclectic cross section of music documentaries, shorts and music videos. The acclaimed “Hired Gun” will make it’s Toronto premiere as well as other great films which will be announced in the coming weeks.