About Indie Week
INDIE WEEK is one of Canada’s hottest indie music festivals showcasing the best emerging artists from around the world. Over 200 acts will perform at 20+ venues in Toronto, Canada’s largest music industry center! Participating acts perform in front of industry for a chance to win a showcase in Manchester, UK in 2017 (flights and accommodations paid for by INDIE WEEK *).
Along with the music festival Indie Week also presents Reel Indie Film Fest (film festival featuring music themed features, shorts and music videos) and the Indie 101 conference where industry professionals give career advice.
All participating acts receives passes to attend RiFF and Indie 101 including the launch party, industry mixers and the main event, the Indie Week finals.
Enter your band for a chance to showcase at Indie Week and get a leg up in their career.
1 showcasing artist will be picked by industry as the “Best of the Fest” and will win a trip to headline Indie Week Europe 2017 – flights and accommodations paid for up to 5 band members.
An opportunity any young band would die for.
INDIE WEEK CANADA HIGHLIGHTS
Who can apply?
Any indie acts that is not signed directly to a MAJOR label. acts signed to an indie label with major distribution ARE accepted
Artists travelling from outside Ontario– you will be booked for more than one show! Often international acts perform at least 3 times during the festival.
We are especially receptive to IRISH and EAST COAST bands — we have hosted sold-out showcases for these every year! If we do receive enough applications from a certain area we will consider creating a special showcase (for example, Australian Showcase, etc.).
Listen to feedback from bands that performed at Indie Week Canada 2012 on Indie Can Radio by clicking here
If you are interested hosting a sponsored stage or event, please CONTACT US
Performing artists will receive:
- 1 swag bag per act (estimated value: $75)
- Wristbands for each performer and crew which allows entry to all shows during Indie Week (value: $40 each)
- Conference Passes for each performer and crew which allows entry to industry panels – taking place each afternoon Thurs – Sat of Indie Week (value: $100 each).
- Invite to Indie Week VIP Launch Party – NOV 15 at The Burroughes
Past sponsored stages have included:
- 102.1 The Edge Next Big Thing Showcase
- Exclaim! Magazine Showcase/Ginger Ale and the Monowhales video release
- 94.9 The Rock Next Gen Showcase
- KX96 Country Music Showcase
- Focus UK presented by Focus Wales + Aurovine
- The Indie 88.1 stage featuring Diana, The OBGMs, Cousins, Parrallels
- Music Ontario Showcase
- Royalty Records Showcase featuring The Mandevilles
- The MONSTER PRODUCTS stage featured KO, DJ LDontheCut (Sublime with Rome), The Stanfields, Gloryhound, Rebel Emergency
- The BIG TICKET stage hosted by Maestro Fresh West
- The Coalition Entertainment stage hosted by Human Kebab from USS
- The Epiphone Showcase featured Magneta Lane, The Mahones, The Suburbians, and the Ascot Royals.
Media partners have included NOW Magazine, 949The Rock, Indie88, KX96, 102.1 The Edge, 101.5 The Wolf, The Wire Magazine.
Indie Week has a vibe unlike any other… Indie Week has a street level excitement that is infectious, and more palpable joy than a fleet of beer trucks brings to a chili cook-off… You really can’t help but have a good time.-Bob Segarini
Past artists include and special guests include: Mike Joyce (Drummer of The Smiths), Glen Matlock (The Sex Pistols), Blaze Bayley (Iron Maiden), DJ LDontheCut (SUBLIME with Rome), Walk Off The Earth, Diana, The OBGMs, Parallels, Cousins, KO, The Rebel Emergency, Ill Scarlett, Magneta Lane, The Mahones, Sarah Blackwood, The Stanfields, Gloryhound, Rikers, The Midway State, Peter Katz, Roz Bell, The Birthday Massacre, Nightbox, Hello Beautiful, The Mandevilles, Tim Chaisson & Morning Fold.
Past judges included:
- Mike Joyce (Drummer of The Smiths)
- Tony Tarleton (Maple Music)
- Brian Moncarz (Producer)
- Mike Clink (Guns N Roses, Mötley Crüe, Megadeth)
- Nigel Grainge (Thin Lizzy, Sinead O’Connor, Steve Miller Band)
- Chris Birkett (Led Zeppelin, Steve Earle, Quincy Jones, Peter Gabriel,)
- Blaze Bayley (Iron Maiden)
- Mark Costanza (LEN)
- Kevin Hearn (Barenaked Ladies)
- Josh Mateer (Warner UK)
- Eric Alper (E1)
- Mark Spikaluk (A&R Universal)
- Adam Fujiki (Manager A&R Sony)
- Adam Hurstfield (XOXO Entertainment)
- Barbara Sedun (Sr. VP EMI Publishing)
- Cheryl Link (Director of Synchronization Licensing and Creative Manager at Peermusic Canada Inc.)
- Elias Chios (International Solutions – VP North America)
- Joao Cavalho (Mastering Engineer/Producer)
- John Payne (President, WIDEawake Entertainment Group)
- Karen Bliss (Music Journalist – Billboard Magazine/Rolling Stone)
- Matt Smallwood (Fontana North / Maple Music Recordings)
- Ron Hawkins (Lowest of the Low)
- Ron Lopata (Warner)
- Sean Jones (Recording Artist, WIDEawake Entertainment Group)